Okinawan Beach Break – 5 Days / 4 Nights
Twin (Superior)from AUD $730.00
Twin (Deluxe) from AUD $2940.00
Prices per person
Download Itinerary +
Day 1 – Ishigaki arrival – Upon arrival at Ishigaki Airport you will be greeted by our airport representative who will provide the private vehicle transfer to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
(Domestic flight from Tokyo / Osaka return is not included)
Day 2 – Ishigaki – Today is a self-guided day and we recommend the following activities:
- Enjoy this first day in Ishigaki soaking up the local culture and experiencing what the Okinawan vibe is all about. Ishigaki City is the commercial centre of the island and can easily be explored on foot. Enjoy a wander through the local shopping streets and try some of the local specialties, such as Yaeyama soba (the Ishigaki variety of the popular noodles dish) or Ishigaki beef, known to be very tender and on a level to compete with the famous Kobe beef.
- In the afternoon, rent a car or scooter and explore the beautiful beaches on the west of the island. (B)
Day 3 – Ishigaki – Today is a self-guided day and we recommend the following activities:
- Ishigaki is famous for its beaches, seas and the large schools of manta rays that cover the area. Ishigaki has many diving possibilities. Diving excursions with the manta rays can be organized, especially during the peak season of June to October, where manta sightings can almost be guaranteed. We can arrange diving lessons and excursions with English-speaking staff (at an additional cost).
- Alternatively, Ishigaki also offers some of Japan’s best snorkeling spots. (B)
Day 4 – Ishigaki
Shigaki Island to Taketomi Island: 10 min (via high-speed ferry) Ishigaki Island to Iriomote Island: 60 min (via high-speed ferry)
Today is a self-guided day and we recommend the following activities:
- Today, embark on a boat trip to one of the smaller Yaeyama Islands. Taketomi Island, only 10 minutes by boat (at own expense), has a population of just 300 and boasts a perfectly preserved Ryukyu Village. Slightly further away, Iriomote Island is one of Japan’s last true wildernesses, with great hiking in the national park.
- Hire a car for those interested in explorer other areas of the island (at an additional cost). Alternatively, relax and enjoy the beaches near the hotel. (B)
Day 5 – Ishigaki to Osaka or Tokyo – The rest of the day is at leisure until the included transfer via taxi to Ishigaki Airport, to catch the flight back to Tokyo or Osaka. (B)
- Accommodation on a shared twin / double share basis
- Self-guide app and customized travel documentation
- Meals included – 4 Breakfast’s